tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:25 AM   #72
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I watched that a week or so ago...cried when the dog died. lol

If you have no or limited healthcare insurance, Canada is for you!

If you have decent healthcare or good healthcare insurance, America is for you.

Bout sums it up.

if you fuckin' say so man...

You do realize that survival rates across the board are no better down there, than up here right?

Its funny how 50+% of Americans think your system is shit, and less than 5% of Canadians think ours is shit. Yet yours is better, because you guys are too blind to see past the end of your noses.

Our system is EXCELLENT! It has problems, but so do yours.

Show me evidence of the failures of our system, not just hearsay bullshit, and then you can have an opinion on how it works. But we've had tons of these threads here and on cf, and it boils down to one thing, when it comes to our system, you guys dont know what the fuck your talking about.

'Its socialized, its the devil!'

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #73
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
if you fuckin' say so man...

You do realize that survival rates across the board are no better down there, than up here right?

Its funny how 50+% of Americans think your system is shit, and less than 5% of Canadians think ours is shit. Yet yours is better, because you guys are too blind to see past the end of your noses.

Our system is EXCELLENT! It has problems, but so do yours.

Show me evidence of the failures of our system, not just hearsay bullshit, and then you can have an opinion on how it works. But we've had tons of these threads here and on cf, and it boils down to one thing, when it comes to our system, you guys dont know what the fuck your talking about.

'Its socialized, its the devil!'

I am sure there are faults with the system up there as there is down here. We have a couple of docs here who trained in canada and now work here and have to adapt to the differences. they seem to think there are pros and cons with each system.

Ijust dont see it being fixed down here anytime soon.

tom
Old 12-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #74
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hello CANADA!!! There are these little items called question marks, they denote when the writer is asking a question. I could have sworn that you Canucks have them too... oh FUCK, I see what I did wrong. Let me try again.

''If you had your surgery here, would you have gotten the infection, EH? In other words, is Canadian health care inferior because all of the practitioners get paid less and the best/brightest choose other fields where the salary potential is better, EH?
It's a stupid question and statement Tigger. Show's your lack of intelligence in asking it.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #75
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Um so if your boss came up to you tomorrow and told you that you were going to have to take a 50% pay cut you would say, "Oh that's okay because I only do this for the warm, fuzzy feeling I get from helping others."
Do you actually read anything before you post the crap...

"I'd say 99.9% of people don't go into the medical field for the money. There are far better ways to make more money and actually have a life. And the best and the brightest go into fields that suit them - from palliative care to cardiac surgery - not into which that pay more..."

- I don't have a "boss" that decides what I make
- While it's a living, I certainly could have choosen a different field that would have made me more money with less stress. Much like Tommy who works in the US...

A fuck it... Having a discussion with you is pointless. It's not like really care what you think.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #76
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I think the problem with the socialized coverage would end up being the rates that docs/pharmacies/and any med techs would charge to the gov't. rather then appreciating the fact they won't have to deal with no pays, they would suddenly be gettign paid for all care and the pay for them would be great.
a second problem is that WAY TOO MANY people here when given free anything tend to abuse it in an incredible way. people would be running little junior to the doctor everytime he forgot to wipe his ass enough for fear it may cause a rash. "doc could you please clean him properly?".
their justification for it would be "hey it's free we might as well use it right?"

Americans are very greedy and selfish and definitely want to make sure they get more out of any free system then their neighbor.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #77
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
I think the problem with the socialized coverage would end up being the rates that docs/pharmacies/and any med techs would charge to the gov't. rather then appreciating the fact they won't have to deal with no pays, they would suddenly be gettign paid for all care and the pay for them would be great.
a second problem is that WAY TOO MANY people here when given free anything tend to abuse it in an incredible way. people would be running little junior to the doctor everytime he forgot to wipe his ass enough for fear it may cause a rash. "doc could you please clean him properly?".
their justification for it would be "hey it's free we might as well use it right?"

Americans are very greedy and selfish and definitely want to make sure they get more out of any free system then their neighbor.
That already happens with medicaid, at least around here. I had one girl come in asking ONLY for a pregnancy test (in the emergency room no less) I told her you can buy one in the drug store, she said the ones here may be better. Told her we use the same ones you buy there, so you would rather spend several hundred on an er visit vs the 10 or 20 bucks they cost. She said I have medicaid they will pay for it. (read I will pay to see if your sorry ghetto as sis pregnant again )

Tom
Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #78
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

does canada have the "illegals" problem like we have? and do their illegals pay taxes?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #79
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
Do you actually read anything before you post the crap...
No I don't think he does.

The amount of idiocy I see in this thread is astounding.

Keep your system Americans. And keep your "rah rah rah" about it. Oh and while you're at it, keep on thinking you're in first and way out front. Thing is....you're so far ahead you're actually last!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #80
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
No I don't think he does.

The amount of idiocy I see in this thread is astounding.

Keep your system Americans. And keep your "rah rah rah" about it. Oh and while you're at it, keep on thinking you're in first and way out front. Thing is....you're so far ahead you're actually last!
I think youre getting a lil ahead of yourself too. Grantred things arent the best here but its far from being last either.

A lot of my patients dont have insurance so we need ot get creative in getting stuff done. Fortunatley we have an amazing social worker, she sure as hell doesnt do it for the money either but she can pull strings to get meds and helps some people get insurance so they can be seen in the clinics.

The biggest challenge in working in an underserved area is making do with less. I woul dprolly go into shock if I worked in a cush suburban hospital where things actualy get done

Tom