Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #71
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I am. I have a bud that is the lead tech for that dept. He's going to do mine one of these days.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #72
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I am. I have a bud that is the lead tech for that dept. He's going to do mine one of these days.
A guy at work just had the training for it and he couldn't believe the difference when they showed him two tvs. One was done the other was just out of the box. He couldn't believe it. He said the thought it was bs but he said it would be something he would pay for now to have done (if he wasn't going to be able to do it himself after the training). He couldn't believe it. I have yet to see one that has been done.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #73
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I haven't. Thought about it when I first bought mine but then forgot. I probly wont do it. TV looks good to me. I got better shit to spend my jack on at this point.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #74
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Did you/are you going to get the tv calibrated?

James
Search the Net for the optimum settings for your particular model - chances are, someone out there has already calibrated and recorded the settings somewhere. I found the optimum settings for my Panasonic on a HDTF site and I'm very happy with the picture.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #75
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Search the Net for the optimum settings for your particular model - chances are, someone out there has already calibrated and recorded the settings somewhere. I found the optimum settings for my Panasonic on a HDTF site and I'm very happy with the picture.
Good plan.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #76
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Good idea. I may do this with for my Samsung although it looks killer imho as it is but it's worth a shot. I'll just make sure I log my current settings in case I fvck it up.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #77
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I've heard about this calibration and I believe that it involves more than just the settings.... I'll call Samsung and check into it. Heck, I have the warranty so they should do it for free anyway... Yea, yea I know "those extended warranties are for suckers and "douchenozzles", right Trip?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #78
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I've heard about this calibration and I believe that it involves more than just the settings.... I'll call Samsung and check into it. Heck, I have the warranty so they should do it for free anyway... Yea, yea I know "those extended warranties are for suckers and "douchenozzles", right Trip?
Calibration is nothing more than adjusting your settings to achieve the desired optimum result.

But why listen to me, we're all stupid?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #79
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Example of what you can find out there:

http://www.tweaktv.com/tweak-my-tv/c...-pn50a550.html

This is a good start - you can use suggested posted settings for a given set (such as these) and fine tune the settings to your liking. In the end, it's up to the viewer to decide what looks best.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #80
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Some of them are, some of them are worth it. You just got to weigh the price vs the reward. They had good ones and bad ones at Best Buy. Just depends on what level of confidence you have in the equipment you are buying, that should also tell you if you even should buy the equipment at all. Believe it or not I have a warranty on my BMW and it has paid off for me already.

Calibration they are refering to is just adjust the settings (contrast/brightness/colors) to get the best color/picture. I am surprised you don't know this since you are so knowledgable on electrical devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote