Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #71
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Well, he has a point. You can't put it on after midnight, and still call it "Tonight".

Maybe they can fix it with different monikers, and keep everyone employed, but Conan has a point.

Dude, he's still funnier than Leno. I once had a boil that was funnier than Leno.
While I agree Leno isnt all that funny, to me, Conan is worse.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #72
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Leno is horrible. He's dyslexic, and can barely get a setup and punchline out without mangling the lines. He has a bit of a speech impediment too. Worst fucking Tonight host ever, and I personally think he's the sweetest of guys...just totally zero fucking funny.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #73
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Leno is horrible. He's dyslexic, and can barely get a setup and punchline out without mangling the lines. He has a bit of a speech impediment too. Worst fucking Tonight host ever, and I personally think he's the sweetest of guys...just totally zero fucking funny.
I think he is pretty funny, however, the writers for that show are horrible. Watching him interract with people on JayWalking, during interviews, etc.....he can come up with some funny comments off the cuff. But all of the skits and monologues are unfunny.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #74
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I think he is pretty funny, however, the writers for that show are horrible. Watching him interract with people on JayWalking, during interviews, etc.....he can come up with some funny comments off the cuff. But all of the skits and monologues are unfunny.
Because they are not original. It's all stolen from other places.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #75
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Leno is a good interviewer. I will give him that. So is Conan (and Fallon). Carson Daly on the other hand...I am still at a loss to find anything complementary to say about him after some six years on Late Night TV. He can't deliver a monologue (thankfully, they changed the format, and spared him that continued embarrassment), and is one of the worst interviewers EVER.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #76
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Because they are not original. It's all stolen from other places.
True. What douchebags..... wait, wrong thead...
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #77
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Ya, I think we can all agree that Carson Daly is the worst tard in latenight, for sure!

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #78
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Looks like Conan may take his $40 mil and be gone.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker...&asset=&ccode=
Hell I'd take teh $40M and go too. But I would trash talk the hell out of NBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Conan is going about it all wrong. He could really make Leno look like the piece of shit he is.
i strongly disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
He could but I don't think he wants to. It doesn't matter how Conan handles it, at this point it is pretty much a foregone conclusion he is not keeping the show. All the other late night guys are piling on Leno. The message that Leno is shitty is already being dealt with by them. Leno's comment last night "You know, folks, if you don't get the ratings, they take you off the air." doesn't help his image either, especially considering Leno's ratings at 10pm. Additionally, the public will only accept only so much animosity from Conan when he is leaving with $30+ million in his pocket. The way he is handling it Conan is able to look like a gracious victim of NBC's shitty decisions rather than bitter and vindictive.
Personally I think Leno is handling it fine. H has asked to be let out of his contract and they won't. What is he suppose to do? He admitted his ratings sucked at 10pm. He said they would before it started with teh 10pm show. He admitted to getting fired from his 10pm slot. I think he put everything out there well. I believe he's a straight shooter on this stuff.

Quote:
Worst host ever? Hmmm... somehow that's hard to believe being he held #1 in ratings on the Tonight show for how many years, right up till the day he left it?

I watch both shows everyday. Enjoy them both. Don't enjoy the repeated guests. I think it sucks what NBC is doing. But truth is, far more people are getting screwed then just Leno/Conan. NBC is the enemy here. They weaved a hell of a mess starting in 2004. Its just now coming to fruitition.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #79
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Hell I'd take teh $40M and go too. But I would trash talk the hell out of NBC.

i strongly disagree.

Personally I think Leno is handling it fine. H has asked to be let out of his contract and they won't. What is he suppose to do? He admitted his ratings sucked at 10pm. He said they would before it started with teh 10pm show. He admitted to getting fired from his 10pm slot. I think he put everything out there well. I believe he's a straight shooter on this stuff.

Worst host ever? Hmmm... somehow that's hard to believe being he held #1 in ratings on the Tonight show for how many years, right up till the day he left it?

I watch both shows everyday. Enjoy them both. Don't enjoy the repeated guests. I think it sucks what NBC is doing. But truth is, far more people are getting screwed then just Leno/Conan. NBC is the enemy here. They weaved a hell of a mess starting in 2004. Its just now coming to fruitition.
Leno IS out of his contract. The minute they cancelled his 10pm show, which is done, NBC broke the contract. He has to sign a NEW deal to go back to 11:35. He could walk IF HE WANTED TO. Jay Leno is a fucking piece of garbage. He doesn't give a FUCK about anyone but HIMSELF...and quite frankly, he shouldn't. But he claims to be every man. A guy of the people, which HE IS NOT.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #80
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I took Leno's ratings comment to mean that what is happening to Conan shouldn't have come as a surprise since his ratings were poor. While that may be true it doesn't wash with what has happened with Leno himself.

Leno's ratings were poor for the first 3 years he had the Tonight Show. He kept his job and enjoyed the continued support of NBC. Leno's ratings were very poor for his 10pm show. He essentially received a promotion when NBC decided to move him back to 11:30pm.

I believe the primary reason the treatment of Leno and Conan has been so different is because Leno wasn't willing to leave. If Leno had "retired", similar to Carson, he wouldn't be sitting in the wings ready to snap the Tonight Show right back up.

Quote:
I agree with the "far more people are getting screwed" comment. There are a lot of people who worked with Conan that will now be loosing their jobs. They aren't getting $30+ million for it either. If Conan does get paid to leave I suspect a condition of payment will be that he not work in late night for a number of years. Some of those who hitched their wagon to his star will not be working either.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote