Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #71
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
A number of medical organizations have endorsed allowing patients access to medical marijuana with their physicians' approval. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
The American Medical Association[120][121]
The American College of Physicians – America's second largest physicians group[122]
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – America's second largest cancer charity[123]
American Academy of Family Physicians[124]
American Alliance for Medical Cannabis
American Public Health Association
American Psychiatric Association
American Nurses Association
British Medical Association
AIDS Action
American Academy of HIV Medicine
Lymphoma Foundation of America
Health Canada

And just for reference here are 2 websites that show a list of other studies showing some of the positive (and some negative) effects

http://www.cannabis-med.org/studies/study.php

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=000884
Hurray!!! They put me on a morphine drip when I got my leg jacked up, does that mean that it's okay for recreational use? The pot argument is moronic, because it's "not as bad" as some drugs and it can be used medicinally, it should be legal...WHAT? My favorite is always the "well, hemp can be used to make things" argument. So if I can figure out a way to make a blanket out of poppies, I guess that heroin should be legal too. Yeesh, admit it, for the most part the people that want to legalize dope are potheads that want it to be easier to get high, bottom line. Nobody gives a rat's ass about medical use-there are several alternatives that produce the same effect as any of pot's "positive attributes". We already have paper, clothes, rope, etc...thanks. Personally I don't care how you all kill yourselves or your braincells but please quit trying to justify it with all of this crap.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #72
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
And the other way I know you are wrong beyond a reasonable doubt is that you are a nazi!!!!

The only thing we did wrong was that we didn't finish the job!!! Oh and we should have included gingers in the round up... Zeig Heil!!!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #73
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Hurray!!! They put me on a morphine drip when I got my leg jacked up, does that mean that it's okay for recreational use? The pot argument is moronic, because it's "not as bad" as some drugs and it can be used medicinally, it should be legal...WHAT? My favorite is always the "well, hemp can be used to make things" argument. So if I can figure out a way to make a blanket out of poppies, I guess that heroin should be legal too. Yeesh, admit it, for the most part the people that want to legalize dope are potheads that want it to be easier to get high, bottom line. Nobody gives a rat's ass about medical use-there are several alternatives that produce the same effect as any of pot's "positive attributes". We already have paper, clothes, rope, etc...thanks. Personally I don't care how you all kill yourselves or your braincells but please quit trying to justify it with all of this crap.
And how do you propose we solve the war on drug problem? We lost that a long time ago and have just been throwing money at the problem ever since. Why not legalize it save the manpower resources, add in the other positive attributes (which I believe outweigh the negatives by far) and its a win win situation to legalize it.

I guess we will just have to agree to dissagree, and that you are a nazi (I win)
Old 06-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #74
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
And how do you propose we solve the war on drug problem? We lost that a long time ago and have just been throwing money at the problem ever since. Why not legalize it save the manpower resources, add in the other positive attributes (which I believe outweigh the negatives by far) and its a win win situation to legalize it.

I guess we will just have to agree to dissagree, and that you are a nazi (I win)
That's okay, next time we'll get ALL of you little bastards!!!

Seriously, I don't care if you all smoke dope, I don't care as long as it doesn't effect me personally but again, please stop pretending that the main reason you all want it legalized is so you all can get high easier. It's irritating. I want to be able to drive as fast as I want. I can produce a ton of facts and figures that support that eliminating the speed limit will make the freeways safer. That all the money thrown away on State Troopers could be used elsewhere (like the war on drugs...) That all that court time could be better used prosecuting REAL criminals. At the end of the day, it will still come back to the fact that I want to be able to drive faster. Period.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #75
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Are you claiming that you don't believe that tar is carcinogenic? Marijuana has tar levels several times higher than cigarettes...and you purposely hold the smoke in which increases your exposure to the toxins.

Posted on Sun Mar 26 2006 19:18:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) by Aussie Dasher

SMOKING three cannabis joints will cause you to inhale the same amount of toxic chemicals as a whole packet of cigarettes, according to research published in France today.

Cannabis smoke contains seven times more tar and carbon monoxide, the French National Consumers' Institute concluded in research published in the April edition of its monthly magazine.

The institute tested regular Marlboro cigarettes alongside 280 specially rolled joints of cannabis leaves and resin in an artificial smoking machine.

The tests examined the content of the smoke for tar and carbon monoxide, as well as for the toxic chemicals nicotine, benzene and toluene.

"Cannabis smoke contains seven times more tar and carbon monoxide than tobacco smoke," the institute's magazine says.

Someone smoking a joint of cannabis resin rolled with tobacco will inhale twice the amount of benzene and three times as much toluene as if they were smoking a regular cigarette, the study says.

Smokers of pure cannabis leaves will also inhale more of these chemicals than from a normal cigarette, though the amount varies depending on the quantities.

"Smoking three joints every day – which is becoming frequent – makes you run the same risks of cancer or cardio-vascular diseases as smoking a packet of cigarettes," the magazine says.

Cannabis is "by far" the most popular illicit drug in France, it says. The number of cigarette smokers and people drinking alcohol fell in 2005, while the number of cannabis users has increased in France in the past five years.

Or...

http://www.aafp.org/afp/991201ap/2583.html

Oh I know, it's all bull crap propaganda published by the gov't to keep you all down....right....

There is no shortage of data that shows that pot is biologically dangerous. Quite frankly ANYTHING you smoke is bad for you. Whether it be maple leaves or marijuana sheesh, that's a no brainer.
The Reefer Madness is strong in this one!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #76
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
The Reefer Madness is strong in this one!
Seriously, you don't acknowledge that there are toxins in pot smoke? That these same toxins are known carcinogens? That the levels of these toxins have been PROVEN to be higher in study after study? That ANY chemical that you introduce into your body is almost always not without it's negative effects? That the very act of getting high, regardless if you're doing it by smoking pot, doing whippits, getting drunk, or hitting yourself in the head with a hammer is detrimental to your higher brain function? If I completely agree with you that pot is the absolutely least harmful drug in the entire world, will that make it "completely harmless"? So what if it's less addicting than heroin. So what if it's less harmful than crack. So what if some other legal substances are worse. Does that mean that it's okay and should be legal? Maybe we should all try to figure out a way to live in this world without Ambien, Prozac, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Pot, Crack, Lexi-pro, etc... instead of working so hard to justify their use. Maybe we can finally raise a generation of people who don't need crutches and "mommy's little helpers" to be able to go through their day to day lives... What exactly would be so wrong with that? Why do you all want to be weak and open more doors for all of your children to be weak as well? I just don't get it....
Old 06-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #77
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

I don't smoke it. No tar for me.

And weak? You don't know me dude. Maybe your crutch is judging others. I don't see how that's any better.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 06-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #78
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Judging? No judging, judging requires opinion and supposition.... it is weak to need chemicals to make it through the day. Look I don't have kids so I really don't care what kind of world is left for the next generation. Go ahead raise a complete crop of prozac ambien alcohol pot muddled zombies . They won't even feel "human" until they get their chemicals ingested in the morning. Sweet. Not my kids/not my problem.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #79
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Lol. Well it there's one thing you've proven yourself be its completely emotionally stable. You da man Tigger.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #80
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

So having opinions different from yours makes me "unstable" emotionally? I honestly don't care how you people raise your kids. Teach them that alcohol and drug use is "okay" as long as they keep it at or below what you deem is okay. Cool. I'd want my kids not to do any drugs and I would lead by example and be strong enough to eliminate that crap from my life. You can't sir with a beer in hand and say pot is wrong, reek of pot and say coke is wrong, have powder on your nose and say heroin is wrong, etc. Hypocrites.