Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Are you a Wal-Mart hater?
Fuck wal-mart. Wont even go in to shop. 16 31.37%
Fuck wal-mart. I still buy the majority of shit I buy there. 10 19.61%
I shop at wal-mart and have no problem with it. 19 37.25%
Tater's whore of an ex-wife is a better being than wal-mart 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #71
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
It's called, "don't work there"... Nobody is forcing people to go take a job at WalMart.

It's unskilled labor... don't like it, go work at McDonald's. I fail to see the difference.
Perhaps you haven't looked into the endemic corporate greed that drives wallyworld. They manipulate hours with great care to make sure that the vast majority of their workers remain part-time, in order to never have to pay benefits. The damage they impart on communities is well documented, if you care to open your eyes, or you can simply dismiss it as whining, because after all, it's just the poor, unwashed masses that are affected, right? Not you. None of this will affect you...or will it?

I guess we'll find out what capitalistic greed on a grand corporate scale will do for America. I'm pretty sure I already know, but I'm known to be slightly ahead of the curve.

It will most certainly not be good, but will apparently come as a wild surprise to you, and those like you. I guess when the effluent actually reaches your stiff upper lip, you might then finally take notice...but I assure you, it will be far too late to fix the damage by then.

I personally have another country to fall back on...in fact, one that's currently experiencing nearly 10% GDP growth, while most of the rest of the world is flat, or contracting.

When it all goes horribly wrong, maybe I'll send you a postcard...if the USPS is still functioning, of course...
Old 08-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #72
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Perhaps you haven't looked into the endemic corporate greed that drives wallyworld. They manipulate hours with great care to make sure that the vast majority of their workers remain part-time, in order to never have to pay benefits. The damage they impart on communities is well documented, if you care to open your eyes, or you can simply dismiss it as whining, because after all, it's just the poor, unwashed masses that are affected, right? Not you. None of this will affect you...or will it?

I guess we'll find out what capitalistic greed on a grand corporate scale will do for America. I'm pretty sure I already know, but I'm known to be slightly ahead of the curve.

It will most certainly not be good, but will apparently come as a wild surprise to you, and those like you. I guess when the effluent actually reaches your stiff upper lip, you might then finally take notice...but I assure you, it will be far too late to fix the damage by then.

I personally have another country to fall back on...in fact, one that's currently experiencing nearly 10% GDP growth, while most of the rest of the world is flat, or contracting.

When it all goes horribly wrong, maybe I'll send you a postcard...if the USPS is still functioning, of course...
They hire part-time employees and ensure that they are in compliance with hours requirements... so?

I don't even care to comment on the rest... I left my tinfoil hat in my other spaceship...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #73
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

As long as your spaceship is cleared to land in other countries, when this one goes to complete shit, then I guess you're all set, huh?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #74
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:

Did you think you weren't annoying enough that you had to add in delusions of grandeur?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #75
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

OMG....
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #76
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
because after all, it's just the poor, unwashed masses that are affected, right? Not you. None of this will affect you...or will it?

guess it would be better if they closed Wally world down and sent the unwaashed masses back to welfare. at least that way we wouldn't be paying for them............oh wait a minutehmm

oh that's right if we close Walmart those masses will instantly get better jobs
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #77
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Since Brazil's estimated 2009 GDP per capita (105th in the world) is currently around 21% of America's (11th in the world) it should only take 40 years or so of 10% annual growth in Brazil's GDP per capita with no GDP per capita growth for America before they are equal. That would also be very hard to do since their GDP real growth rate is estimated to have been -.2% last year.

You also realize your safety net country has more than double the proportion of their population below the poverty line when compared to America, right?

Sounds like paradise, I'm sure you will be very happy there.

Stats are courtesy of the CIA World Factbook.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #78
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Did you think you weren't annoying enough that you had to add in delusions of grandeur?
You seem to have delusions of relevance.

I have yet to see you have anything salient to add to a single thread.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #79
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Since Brazil's estimated 2009 GDP per capita (105th in the world) is currently around 21% of America's (11th in the world) it should only take 40 years or so of 10% annual growth in Brazil's GDP per capita with no GDP per capita growth for America before they are equal. That would also be very hard to do since their GDP real growth rate is estimated to have been -.2% last year.

You also realize your safety net country has more than double the proportion of their population below the poverty line when compared to America, right?

Sounds like paradise, I'm sure you will be very happy there.

Stats are courtesy of the CIA World Factbook.
Well, I suggest you take a look at the last 2 Qts.

I know it has a long way to go, but with the US on such a freefall, they should cross paths sooner than later.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #80
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
So what is your solution to competing in a global economy?
a very good one indeed.. but i hate to elaborate and sound self important, etc.

but the solution definitely isn't your piss poor i don't give a fuck pepsi generation attitude..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote