Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #71
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
The biggest irony and flaw in most HOA arguments are that people are too stupid to take care of their own affairs and need to watched and regulated...by a board of the same people too stupid to manage their own affairs...
Actually board members are usually made up of people who are just plain bored. Most people with any sense would never ever take charge of a HOA. Which is why they seem to usually be made up of housewives and this guy...

Saturday morning in my anarchist hood it sounds like Vietnam because everyone is mowing their grass. But let someone come in and say "You need to cut your grass" they'll let it grow to heights and thickness that Br'er Rabbit couldn't make it through

Old 05-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #72
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
The biggest irony and flaw in most HOA arguments are that people are too stupid to take care of their own affairs
welcome to reality

Quote:
and need to watched and regulated...by a board of the same people too stupid to manage their own affairs...
sounds like our fed. gov't.

and i disagree w/ your point. pretty much my street keeps on top of their yards and such, except for the 1 yahoo across the street. if you have weeds 12-18 onto your sidewalk you'd think you'd figure out it needs to be edged...........he's clueless, does a neighbor really need to tell him that.

wait till one of your neighbors move and you get some slouches. and they don't listen to your "assoc". and you have cars parked in yards and chit strewn about, then you might think diff. and even then HOA hands are tied.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #73
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

We do have an HOA in my hood. They are pretty lax though. No you can't paint your house purple or sit a car on blocks in the front yard but for the most part you can do what you wish within reason. I actually don't mind it...if I did I wouldn't have moved there.

I did submit plans when I installed a fence around my house and when I exteded a concrete pad adjacent to my garage and then when I built a 12' x 16' out building but they quickly approved it. I've never had an issue with them. My wife plants stuff all of the time and moves small trees and plants all over the place and no one has ever even mentioned it in the 4 years we've been here.

Sounds like some HOA's that you guys describe are run by Nazi's or something...geez.

If you don't like them then just don't move into that neighborhood...it's pretty simple imho.

I've got a loudazz Vette and a loudazz R1 and never had one complaint. Having said this though...I am considerate of my neighbors and "try" to be as quiet as possible when rolling in and out of the neighborhood.

I was sitting in my backyard yesterday zeroing in a scope on my pellet rifle...shoot...adjust...shoot...adjust...shoot... adjust...no biggie.

Now I admit...I can't go out and shoot my Glock...my AR15 or my Mossberg shotgun in the yard but I think that is more of a city and state law issue than a HOA's.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #74
Rider
Moto GP Star

That's funny, just yesterday my son was plinking in the backyard with is pellet gun. He popped in a couple of hollow points and got himself a couple of Robins.
No complaints from neighbors but no one lives behind me so no one saw him.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #75
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That's funny, just yesterday my son was plinking in the backyard with is pellet gun. He popped in a couple of hollow points and got himself a couple of Robins.
I need to get some crows "taken care of" outside my house - damn things are the size of a small dog.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #76
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I need to get some crows "taken care of" outside my house - damn things are the size of a small dog.
Bird seed laced with rat poison equals win.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #77
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I don't "think" anyone saw me to be truthul but I'm sure a couple may have heard me. We have a bunch of squirrels that we'd like to thin out. I used to trap them and relocate them but accidently caught a skunk once and got out of the trapping business.

I shot one squirrel but missed several and knew I couldn't be that bad of a shot.

I bought the rifle used and "assumed" the scope was zeroed in...well it wasn't...but it is now. It's a Gamo Viper...pretty slick pellet rifle with decent power. 1000 fps with lead ammo and 1200 fps with PBA.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #78
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I used to trap them and relocate them but accidently caught a skunk once and got out of the trapping business.
THAT will seriously ruin your day

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #79
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
THAT will seriously ruin your day
Yeah I caught a few (8) Squirrels and took them to a park on the lake and released them. I caught an Opossum and turned him loose too. I had a couple of Raccoons show up but didn't catch them...just had the dog chase them off. I stood by just in case the Coon decided to turn on my dog and whip up on him...I know he could but fortunately he nor my dog realized it.

Got a call from the wife and she said to get home...that I had a

Skunk in the cage. I honestly didn't know what do do with him.

I even researched it online and finally just killed it. I didn't trust the "walk up to him slowly...talking in a calm voice with a sheet spread out between him and me and slowly place the sheet over him and wrap up him and the cage" method...BS on that. The door on the cage was messed up so I was already having to use two pairs of pliers to open it to get the Opossum out so I knew I'd never get the Skunk out without spooking him.

Yep he still sprayed/released his smell and stunk up the place. I double bagged him still in the cage and took him away and my Jeep even smelled of skunk for close to a month. I got rid of the trap with him and bought the pellet rifle.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #80
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yeah I caught a few (8) Squirrels and took them to a park on the lake and released them. I caught an Opossum and turned him loose too. I had a couple of Raccoons show up but didn't catch them...just had the dog chase them off. I stood by just in case the Coon decided to turn on my dog and whip up on him...I know he could but fortunately he nor my dog realized it.

Got a call from the wife and she said to get home...that I had a

Skunk in the cage. I honestly didn't know what do do with him.

I even researched it online and finally just killed it. I didn't trust the "walk up to him slowly...talking in a calm voice with a sheet spread out between him and me and slowly place the sheet over him and wrap up him and the cage" method...BS on that. The door on the cage was messed up so I was already having to use two pairs of pliers to open it to get the Opossum out so I knew I'd never get the Skunk out without spooking him.

Yep he still sprayed/released his smell and stunk up the place. I double bagged him still in the cage and took him away and my Jeep even smelled of skunk for close to a month. I got rid of the trap with him and bought the pellet rifle.

Good story!!
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote