Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #81
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

When I went to the bank I still had on my jacket, boots, gloves, and helmet. The only thing I didn't put on were my overpants and yes, "I only have to go 2 blocks on a 25 mph street" is a much better excuse to not wear overpants than "well, nobody else does"
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #82
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
When I went to the bank I still had on my jacket, boots, gloves, and helmet. The only thing I didn't put on were my overpants and yes, "I only have to go 2 blocks on a 25 mph street" is a much better excuse to not wear overpants than "well, nobody else does"
U huh, I'm sure that the only time you've ever ridden without full gear...sure.

Anyway, my gf wants to know when you want to drag race? We kinda noticed that the WR posted was an "X" model which has quite a few differences from the model you own.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #83
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

The only difference is the tires. That one was stock, too. Mine's not. Just let me know when she wants to go at it
Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #84
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
The only difference is the tires. That one was stock, too. Mine's not. Just let me know when she wants to go at it
Um...

* 17-inch wheels mount radial street rubber in 110 front and 140mm rear widths and help lower the seat approximately 1.4 inch compared to the WR250R.
* One-tooth smaller rear sprocket (13/42) works with the smaller-diameter tires to bring out the WR250X’s strong-accelerating character.
* Stiffer springs front and rear and street-oriented damping settings reduce pitch compared to the WR250R for excellent pavement performance.
* YZ/WR250-inspired semi-double-cradle frame uses a main frame of cast and forged aluminum sections, with high-strength steel downtube for excellent strength and rigidity characteristics.
* Asymmetrical swingarm provides excellent strength/rigidity balance and a dynamic look. Cast aluminum crossmembers, extruded arms and a 22mm rear axle are carefully tuned for optimum handling.
* Fully adjustable 46mm fork provides 10.6 inches of wheel travel. A forged lower triple clamp and a cast upper one help give outstanding front-end feel. An aluminum steering stem reduces weight.
* Linkage-mounted rear shock provides 10.4 inches of travel with adjusters for compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload—and features a 14mm rod and 46mm cylinder for excellent damping and fade resistance.
* Wave brake rotors front and rear, including a large, 298mm front disc, reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Rear pedal is forged aluminum.

Plus we figure that since her bike costs over $2,000 retail less (wow), that we'd go ahead and spend that money (plus whatever you have in yours) on upgrades!

Seriously, I'd go GS500F, DRZ400SM or something like that for $6,200, wow I had no idea! I would hope that your bike is faster/better for a third more money!!!!

Shit for $500 less... Hello!!!!

I'd have to figure a way to get it on the street but
Old 07-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #85
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

17" wheels and the one tooth smaller on the rear sprocket gives the R/X identical final drive ratios.

The X has a larger front brake rotor and the suspension settings (clickers) are set differently than the R are from the factory.

Other than that, they are identical.

Oh yeah . . . nobody pays msrp for these things either. I got mine brand new for $4,299.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #86
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
17" wheels and the one tooth smaller on the rear sprocket gives the R/X identical final drive ratios.

The X has a larger front brake rotor and the suspension settings (clickers) are set differently than the R are from the factory.

Other than that, they are identical.

Oh yeah . . . nobody pays msrp for these things either. I got mine brand new for $4,299.
Well you'd have to be fucking crazy!!! Holy shit!

Anyway, I'll let you know when she is ready and then it's on!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #87
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Speaking of gear... On the way home I saw a guy with a helmet and a spine protector on. That was it for gear - he was dressed in Khakis and a short sleeve shirt. I just thought it funny because it gave the impression that only his head and spine were important!

Tigger I bought a good majority of my gear used from other women off the forum. I got my leathers for $125! That's just another option to keep the cost factor down!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #88
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Speaking of gear... On the way home I saw a guy with a helmet and a spine protector on. That was it for gear - he was dressed in Khakis and a short sleeve shirt. I just thought it funny because it gave the impression that only his head and spine were important!
Hey I was coming home from the office and it was hot plus I didn't want to wrinkle the rest of my clothes.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #89
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
hey i was coming home from the office and it was hot plus i didn't want to wrinkle the rest of my clothes.
squid!!!!!!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #90
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post

Tigger I bought a good majority of my gear used from other women off the forum. I got my leathers for $125! That's just another option to keep the cost factor down!
Yea she doesn't want a leather jacket or a full leather suit to ride her EX250... Seriously, I had the same Joe Rocket Jordan jacket in pink leather even and she's like "Fuck That!". I'm sorry people but she's riding a 250, almost exclusively around town. For her this is literally a larger scooter and an accessory. She cared more about the color than anything else! I personally think she should have just kept her scooter but it was "too slow" so she decided to do this. She wanted a bike because they park right by school for $25 a year, otherwise you have to pay $500 a year to park across the street. Heck this bike will save her over $2500 in parking fees! Look I know that some of you mean well and are coming from the best of intentions but seriously (and yes I've had and seen the injuries) not everyone needs to wear a full race get up every time they get on their bikes, I'm sorry.