Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #81
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
So this is your example of how your system is better?
Artard... I never said our system was better. Take that chip off your shoulder, YEESH!!!

My father died of cancer partially because he was mis-diagnosed with...high blood pressure! It wasn't until 6 months later that they realized that he had a tumor growing on his jugular. I myself have been grossly misdiagnosed by the medical profession in this country. I'm sorry guys but I don't trust doctors even a little bit. AFAIK they are all a bunch of money grubbing quacks that don't have any clue what they are talking about half the time! Seriously. Heck, maybe putting them all on a salaries would be a good thing as it might slow them down and allow them to actually spend some fucking time with patients instead of running them through an assembly line.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #82
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I think youre getting a lil ahead of yourself too. Grantred things arent the best here but its far from being last either.
I've never commented on your system. I have very little knowledge of it save for a friend wrecking at the Gap and my brother having a small cut stitched up when we were on vacation.

I just find it so strange that a lot of you staunchly defend a system, put down one you know very little about, and for what? Your system has major faults and doesn't work for a lot of people (according to what's been posted in this thread). Odd.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #83
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I've never commented on your system. I have very little knowledge of it save for a friend wrecking at the Gap and my brother having a small cut stitched up when we were on vacation.

I just find it so strange that a lot of you staunchly defend a system, put down one you know very little about, and for what? Your system has major faults and doesn't work for a lot of people (according to what's been posted in this thread). Odd.
I havent put down the canadian system since i know little to nothing about it and have readily admitted ours needs work and thats comming from someone who is in the middle of all of it. I think the problem here is too many special interests at stake between the drug and insurance companies. Theyre happy because theyre getting rich off of the current system.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #84
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

I don't know that it's about defending the system. We know the system is fucked up. It's about having a known evil vs. having an unknown evil. We know the current pitfalls and the ways to work around them - with the new plan, not only do we not really know what evils we'll have to deal with, we get to pay for everyone else to have it too

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #85
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Don't you already pay for those who can't afford coverage? Do you think the hospital and insurance companies absorb that?

At least this way everybody pays for it..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #86
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I havent put down the canadian system since i know little to nothing about it and have readily admitted ours needs work and thats comming from someone who is in the middle of all of it. I think the problem here is too many special interests at stake between the drug and insurance companies. Theyre happy because theyre getting rich off of the current system.
The bottom line is Big Biz is in the pocket of the Government. A universal healthcare system in the United States will reflect that for sure. Look at every other instance of the Feds running something. It's ALWAYS about money and who WILL get rich, and SOMEONE will get rich.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #87
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
The bottom line is Big Biz is in the pocket of the Government. A universal healthcare system in the United States will reflect that for sure. Look at every other instance of the Feds running something. It's ALWAYS about money and who WILL get rich, and SOMEONE will get rich.
I think the thing is now a lot of guys already are rich and want to keep it that way. If it changes the gravy train may end for some.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #88
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I think the thing is now a lot of guys already are rich and want to keep it that way. If it changes the gravy train may end for some.

Tom
That too.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #89
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

You have never commented on our system outside of saying it is last. Sounds like "putting down one you know very little about". I also haven't seen many people "staunchly defend" our system. My impression is most in this thread have stated it needs work. My complaint is the "work" that is being proposed seems to have more to do with politics than medicine or health insurance.

Every system I am aware of has major faults. The faults in America's system and Canada's system are different. What is rarely discussed is the way in which these faults also contribute to each system's strengths. I think some of the Americans who oppose healthcare reform are concerned that the way in which the faults are fixed will have the side effect of "fixing" the strengths.

As I said before, the debate about Canadian vs. American healthcare is useless except for the intellectual exercise. Even if the reforms that have been proposed are enacted fully the American system will have little similarity to Canada's. Either system may be better, what remains is they will not operate the same anytime soon.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #90
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Yet, ppl are scared of change.

Azoom says she doesn't want to pay for other, but again you're already paying for those who can't afford it.

What exactly are you guys opposed to with the new system?

Everything I've read just seems to be the same talking points.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote