Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #81
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
why would you want the first anyway? Is the extra 20 bucks a month supposed to bother me?
Time is almost up and the question hasn't been answered....

Which policy costs more?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #82
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I know which one is worth more. Yeah I know...that wasn't the question.

Can you even get full coverage without uninsured/under insured ?
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #83
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I know which one is worth more. Yeah I know...that wasn't the question.

Can you even get full coverage without uninsured/under insured ?
It may be state specific, but I have full coverage on the bike, with (currently) no coverage for uninsured people (Im not currently riding either). My insurance agent actually told me on the phone yesterday that as long as I have health insurance, I dont need it...kinda scary actually.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #84
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
It may be state specific, but I have full coverage on the bike, with (currently) no coverage for uninsured people (Im not currently riding either). My insurance agent actually told me on the phone yesterday that as long as I have health insurance, I dont need it...kinda scary actually.
That may be legal here in NC too...I've never asked and just always had it since it didn't jack my rates up that much.

We have so many people running around here with no insurance I've just always had it.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #85
the chi
Forum Coach

Ditto. I wasnt even aware I didnt have it till they sent me a form agreeing to renew it without the uninsured coverage. Everything else however I have full with all possible forms of insurance, PLUS TLP on all cars I own.

Been there, done that, burned the Tshirt.

My x was hit in our Cherokee, by a 21 yr old, in his girlfriends car that her father actually owned, who wasnt authorized to be driving it and didnt have his own insurance...it was a MESS.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #86
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post

no no no seriously, call your agent and check but I think what he did was remove your medical coverage from your policy. they do it here a lot in order to lower people's premiums. problem is your health ins may not want to cover some expenses from a wreck. I had a buddy go down on a bike and they had removed med from his policy. problem is he had quit his job and was self employed. no health coverage at all. tons of trouble. lots of bills.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #87
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Not in NY

tom
yep. DMV effed up and had it noted that my license was suspended (it wasn't) and my ins. company dropped my existing coverage until it got cleared up (eventually involved lots of yelling and screaming on my part to get the DMV to get their heads out of their ass and realize that just because I have the same name as someone else it doesn't mean I'm the same freakin' person)

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #88
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
yep. DMV effed up and had it noted that my license was suspended (it wasn't) and my ins. company dropped my existing coverage until it got cleared up (eventually involved lots of yelling and screaming on my part to get the DMV to get their heads out of their ass and realize that just because I have the same name as someone else it doesn't mean I'm the same freakin' person)

really? how do you know that? maybe it's a whole jekyl/hyde kind of thing you got going on there. you just don't know about your alter ego yet, or you haven't admitted to it.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #89
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
really? how do you know that? maybe it's a whole jekyl/hyde kind of thing you got going on there. you just don't know about your alter ego yet, or you haven't admitted to it.

Yeah, Particle you better not lie on the internet. We will call you out sucka.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #90
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
no no no seriously, call your agent and check but I think what he did was remove your medical coverage from your policy. they do it here a lot in order to lower people's premiums. problem is your health ins may not want to cover some expenses from a wreck. I had a buddy go down on a bike and they had removed med from his policy. problem is he had quit his job and was self employed. no health coverage at all. tons of trouble. lots of bills.
I am only biding my time with this agent. I know its crap, that was kinda the point, and how scary it is they would even say that, tho I understand trying to save $. Thankfully I am a military dependent, so all my medical is covered in the event of an accident. When I get to GA next month and begin riding again, I'll adjust it. This is only my bike insurance tho, not my car...