Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
CasterTroy

Default so I witnessed a crash at lunch

My buddy Scott and I go to lunch late today due to a few phone calls….so we get caught up in the lunchtime traffic. We’re heading down one of the 4 lane “parkways” in town when we see this yellow ford Splash weaving back and forth. Scott gets bye him and we put some distance between us….both Scott and I watching him in the mirrors the whole way down the road thru the lights. Finally we’re at a light that catches us as he comes up on us from behind. Ironically NO ONE will pass him and he’s doing about 5 under, so he now has quite a crowd behind him. We’re in the left lane and he’s in the center…no wait, the left, no wait the right…OH CRAP HE’S COMING RIGHT FOR US…BRACE….whew, he managed to get BACK to the center lane and stop just in front of us on my right…..I can see his plate so I call 911

Ring…ring…ring…ring……22 rings no answer….call again (light turns green) ring ring…..(can’t remember how many)

We take off and he’s just SITTING there….windows tinted so I couldn’t see in

He stays put so we think we’re safe.

We’re ALMOST at another big intersection with a red light when traffic stops us….OH CRAP here comes the yellow truck again…and now he’s haulin ass and he’s in the center…no wait, the left, no wait the right…no he SHOOTS over to the left hand most lane (we’re now in the right hand most lane) and PLOWS into the back of a red toyota that was just barely rolling, sending HIM about 50 ft skidding. THEN…if that wasn’t bad enough, the yellow splash starts back up like nothing’s wrong and he hits him AGAIN. This time he’s flush against the back of the red truck ….Scott and I still trying 911

We pull off across the road and we BOTH start calling 911

Scott gets thru and tell them what’s up

20 minutes later the cops come up (after 2 had passed us and we stood in the ROAD to try to get them to stop..WTH?!?!?)

The cops finally pull up and talk to the dude

He’s wasted

4 HUGE pill bottles are pulled from the truck

They don’t know if he’s drunk or on prescription meds…but he’s FUD UP!!

They carry him out on a stretcher because he can’t stand on his own
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101609crash1.jpg (90.8 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 101609crash2.jpg (90.7 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 101609crash4.jpg (93.0 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 101609crash5.jpg (100.1 KB, 119 views)
Old 10-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
shmike
Follower

Any explaination for why it was so hard to get through to 911?

Too bad about the 'yota, looks like it was a clean example. I always loved that generation.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
CasterTroy

It was untouched priot to this. Ironically the guy was coming from the tire shop and told the mechanic to be very careful...it was an 88 without so much as a scratch on the original paint.

Anyway.....not sure why dispatch wasn't answering but a cop was shot last week and later died monday. Funeral is this afternoon. But that doesn't explain why 911 dispatch wasn't answering
Old 10-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

yeah that toy. was nice.......

the one the couldn't destroy on top gear........lol

drunks are out at all hours of the day. grrrr
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

holy crap, thats just scary! I'd put a bug in someone of authority's ear about the lack of answering at 911, if they had answered the 1st time, someone could have prevented the accident.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Keep in touch with the guy that got hit and it will help him recoup losses and damages and you can help him to hold 911 liable. They should have been there and at least the two cops that drove by were obligated to stop unless in-chase, I have been told.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Holy crap. Glad you guys weren't a part of the directly.
I can't believe 911 wouldn't answer.
I've called them before because I've followed people like this.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I think I win for being a witness to an Accident...

This was my buddy's explorer...And I was behind him when it happened.

All he had was a Fractured Rib...I thought he was Dead when I saw it happen
Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Any explaination for why it was so hard to get through to 911?

Too bad about the 'yota, looks like it was a clean example. I always loved that generation.
No doubt... I've had several just like it... though not nearly as clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
It was untouched priot to this. Ironically the guy was coming from the tire shop and told the mechanic to be very careful...it was an 88 without so much as a scratch on the original paint.
Fuck I'd be PISSED!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

About 6 weeks ago... I heard a accident and by the time I looked it had already happened. A guy did the tell tale left turn in front of a biker at an intersection. This was at midnight with no adverse road conditions. The bike was a HD Ultra with the driving lights (read 3 lights forward + running turns). Biker was traveling straight. He tried to avoid and swerve... still hitting car.

I ran thru the intersection (stopping a few cars) and found rider on his back screaming! Held him so he didn't move, had a driver by block the side of traffic with his truck and dial 911. Held the riders head and ensured he wouldn't remove his helmet. Fearing back issues. At this time another couple walks up just as the driver of the car is coming up yelling how sorry he was. I tell him to shut the fuck up. Tell the couple to watch him and ensure he doesn't leave. By now I can hear the calvery coming (police/fire only 1.5 mile away). I haave the 911 dialer watch him and I by myself pick up his Ultra Classic so its not in the way of the paramedics (read 850# + bike / adrenaline is amazing). Picked up all the things that fell off the bike. Got his cell phone from him and called his ICE. By the then the caverly showed up and got him loaded. Gave the cop my info and what little I had of his.

I went back into work and a few hrs later when I was off work, visited him at the hospital to check on him. met some of his family. They were all thank full for my aid. I simply told them that I have had emergency training at work and I'm a biker. It was nothing. We have remained in contact quiet a bit but I did just speak to him yesterday... he's got 13 broken ribs, a broken hand, and a number of other problems including a totalled bike. He says I saved his life but I just dont think much of it. I was glad to help and do what I could.

It was very humbling the entire expierence. I still rode my bike the next morning while thinking of the accident. I am glad about one thing... We will be riding brothers forever and we look forward to riding together in the spring.

Sorry no pics!

Be carefull out there boys and girls!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product

Last edited by Gas Man; 10-17-2009 at 11:15 PM..
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote