Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets
Default Formula One - Austin Supporters

I'm asking for a bit of assistance from those that want to help the Formula 1 track. Tonight 11/3 there is a City Council meeting about a few issues. We need to make every effort to show our support for Formula 1 by attending this meeting. Please show up and let's show the City Council we are behind Formula 1. The eco-idiots are planning to attend and try and show that there's no support for F1 in Austin and the project should be shut down. We could use the support if you've got time to show up tonight.

When: Wednesday, November 3 · 6:00pm - 8:30pm

Where: City Hall, Council Chambers 301 W. 2nd Street

PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Name: Formula One United States – SP-2010-0245.01D
Applicant: Armbrust & Brown, LLP (Agent- Richard Suttle)
Staff Person: Brad Jackson, Planning and Development Review Department
Request:
1. Land Development Code 25-8-341 to allow cut up to a maximum of 36 feet for racetrack construction.

2.Land Development Code 25-8-342 to allow fill up to a maximum of 26 feet for racetrack construction.

3.Land Development Code 25-8-302 to allow construction on slopes for racetrack construction.

Watershed: Dry Creek East and Maha Creek (Desired Development Zone)
Recommendation: Recommended with conditions.

Please, at the very least, send an email to them:

Please cut / paste / modify to your liking, the below message and email to the following addresses and sign your name after Thank you:
-----------------------
marygaymaxwell@sbcglobal.net; jimschiss@aol.com; rhgary@bseacd.org; banderson@jrobertanderson.com; jonbeall1@onr.com; eva.hernandez@sierraclub.org
-----------------------
Subject: Please support Formula 1 Racing
-----------------------
Dear Members of the Environmental Board, Please support the cut and fill variances, along with the construction on slopes variance, under consideration at today’s public hearing. As a strong advocate for bringing Formula 1 racing to Austin, Texas, I encourage you to support what city staff has recommended. The granting of these variances will help make this project a reality. The area under consideration will no doubt be put to better use with the construction of a race track, as opposed to the original plan of an 1,800 lot subdivision. The track will allow for less overall traffic, and less carbon emissions, than if it were turned into a subdivision. Again, I hope that you will support the variances under consideration at today’s public hearing.

Thank you,

Supporter of the Formula 1 United States Grand PrixTM in Austin, Texas

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

I was glad F1 got the nod for Baltimore in I think 2012, it is a win win situation. Economy(tourism) and they are cleaning up the streets(resurfacing and such). I have not been up there in about a year, but I am sure there are positive results already.

Good luck in Austin
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Yup, they are making a huge deal out of it for 2011. The hotel in downtown are already sold out for that event, and all the roads downtown are being repaved (at no cost to the city),l along with a few other major reconstruction projects
Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #4
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

It passed last night! Woo!
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
It passed last night! Woo!
That's awesome !! Of course I don't live there and don't have to deal with any of the traffic issues it may cause but from outside looking in...COOL !!!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I was glad F1 got the nod for Baltimore in I think 2012, it is a win win situation. Economy(tourism) and they are cleaning up the streets(resurfacing and such). I have not been up there in about a year, but I am sure there are positive results already.

Good luck in Austin
ALMS race next year in Baltimore. If you've never seen ALMS racing, it's the best out there. 4 different classes on the track at all times. Passing is the name of the game.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote