Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #31
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I am immediately turned off by the guy saying, "I'm doing the world a favor riding my bike." Save us the self righteous hippy bull shit.

Still a funny video though.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #32
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
No, because motorcycles aren't hindering anyone by doing so (assuming it's all clear ahead).
I'd wager that if your average motorist is sitting a red light, and a bicycle rides up beside them and runs the light (not hindering anyone), it'll evoke much the same anger as a motorcycle passing on a double yellow and busting the speed limit.

Both are cases of a vehicle presuming that some traffic law doesn't apply to them, and both make the rest of us who do follow those laws look bad.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #33
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
pulled over for riding in a skirt:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz1PCFQJSOy

I'd pull her over. Need to check under that skirt for, Uh, weapons. Yeah, weapons, that's it...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #34
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I'd wager that if your average motorist is sitting a red light, and a bicycle rides up beside them and runs the light (not hindering anyone), it'll evoke much the same anger as a motorcycle passing on a double yellow and busting the speed limit.

Both are cases of a vehicle presuming that some traffic law doesn't apply to them, and both make the rest of us who do follow those laws look bad.

I just don't like cyclists. Fuck em.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #35
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

So you're going to tell me you've never crossed the double-yellow, with either a car or bike?

Fuck the double-yellow IMO. It is just a line drawn by humans, and most humans are stupid.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #36
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So you're going to tell me you've never crossed the double-yellow, with either a car or bike?

Fuck the double-yellow IMO. It is just a line drawn by humans, and most humans are stupid.
Nope, I'm not gonna say that (though re-reading it, I guess it came off that way). I've done it a few times, but there has to be a damn good reason. I'm a long way from the "fuck the double yellow" end of the spectrum.

My point is that ignoring the laws of the road is going to piss other people off, whether you're on a bicycle or a motorcycle, and whether you're impeding them or not. Personally, I'm tired of dealing with the repercussions when I'm just riding along, minding my own business, obeying all the traffic laws.

[/rant]
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #37
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I'd pull her over. Need to check under that skirt for, Uh, weapons. Yeah, weapons, that's it...
aww hell, lets just go full on perv and do a virginity check
Old 06-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Nope, I'm not gonna say that (though re-reading it, I guess it came off that way). I've done it a few times, but there has to be a damn good reason. I'm a long way from the "fuck the double yellow" end of the spectrum.

My point is that ignoring the laws of the road is going to piss other people off, whether you're on a bicycle or a motorcycle, and whether you're impeding them or not. Personally, I'm tired of dealing with the repercussions when I'm just riding along, minding my own business, obeying all the traffic laws.

[/rant]
You want to know my biggest problem with cyclists, is those who insist on riding 2 or 3 side by side, instead of in a line or staggered. So they take up the whole lane and prevent cars from passing them. Honestly I think make of these clowns are just trying to make some kind of political point or ego demonstration.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #39
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
So, those of you railing against bicycles breaking the law, do you also rail against motorcycles passing on a double yellow line?

(For what it's worth, I think both are stupid.)
Yes, because they're adding to the stereotype.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote