Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #101
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
you want quiet isolation? move to the sticks. it ain't my fault people choose to live in the suburbs, work 3rd shift or sleep til 2pm, etc. my yard is my yard and what i do in it is my business, be it pets, bikes, loud sex...whatever. when will the noise policing ever stop? how about i don't tell you what to do and you don't tell me what to do? peaceful coexistence...
So, by your logic, anyone that works third shift should live in a compound in the sticks. We aren't allowed to live anywhere else. And if we do, then we should just put up with whatever the hell anyone else wants to do. Makes perfect sense to me.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #102
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
So, by your logic, anyone that works third shift should live in a compound in the sticks. We aren't allowed to live anywhere else. And if we do, then we should just put up with whatever the hell anyone else wants to do. Makes perfect sense to me.
well, since that's my post you quoted i'll respond. my hubby works 3rd shift, so i deal with this every day of my life. it is completely unacceptable for him to think that the world is gonna stop turning solely because he has to sleep. my kids still make noise after school and during summer, i still bang on the computer keys in our bedroom and our dog still barks at strangers. life goes on. i told him we can't live in isolation just because he has unnatural sleep patterns. he either has to develop a thicker skin or break down and wear earplugs or use a white noise machine of sorts. i am just being realistic here.

do i go out and purposely make noise to wake him or disturb any of my neighbors? hell no. but i am just tired of everyone thinking they can control me and my business. i am not out to make anyone's life miserable, nor do i even try. i am simply saying there are bigger problems in this world to worry about than the neighbor's unruly dog. see where i am coming from?

it's like smoking. i hate smokers, it infringes upon my right to breathe clean air. am i out telling everyone around me to quit smoking in my presence? no. instead i choose to patronize the smoke-free areas of the world. instead of forcing someone to change their behavior to suit me, i choose to alter my environment in my favor. that way you can smoke and i can breath = everyone's happy. people just need to mind their own business and find their own solution to their problems. you can't count on other people to make you happy. only you have the power to please yourself.

that is officially the last comment i am making on this subject. it's just beating a dead horse now.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25

Last edited by itgirl; 09-05-2008 at 04:03 PM..
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #103
zerioustt
i like titties

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
well, since that's my post you quoted i'll respond. my hubby works 3rd shift, so i deal with this every day of my life. it is completely unacceptable for him to think that the world is gonna stop turning solely because he has to sleep. my kids still make noise after school and during summer, i still bang on the computer keys in our bedroom and our dog still barks at strangers. life goes on. i told him we can't live in isolation just because he has unnatural sleep patterns. he either has to develop a thicker skin or break down and wear earplugs or use a white noise machine of sorts. i am just being realistic here.

do i go out and purposely make noise to wake him or disturb any of my neighbors? hell no. but i am just tired of everyone thinking they can control me and my business. i am not out to make anyone's life miserable, nor do i even try. i am simply saying there are bigger problems in this world to worry about than the neighbor's unruly dog. see where i am coming from?

that is officially the last comment i am making on this subject. just wanted to clarify my position.
my biggest thing is get the dog a bark collar..they make ones that dont harm it. i just chose a shock collar because i know they are the most efficient. to me its just a dog so there is no need for it to bother other people considering its a luxury to own one and not a right.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #104
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
my biggest thing is get the dog a bark collar..they make ones that dont harm it. i just chose a shock collar because i know they are the most efficient. to me its just a dog so there is no need for it to bother other people considering its a luxury to own one and not a right.
i agree, but i think we are in the minority on that 1 lol, thats a whole nother retarded thread