Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R
Default sickening...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?nav=hcmodule

CBS News reporter Lara Logan beaten, sexually assaulted during Cairo celebration
CBS's "60 Minutes" correspondent Lara Logan is shown covering the reaction in Cairo's Tahrir Square the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down.
CBS's "60 Minutes" correspondent Lara Logan is shown covering the reaction in Cairo's Tahrir Square the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down. (AP)

Network News
X Profile
View More Activity
Your Feedback
Corrections, suggestions?
TOOLBOX
Resize
Print
Yahoo! Buzz
Reprints

COMMENT
82 Comments | View All ยป
POST A COMMENT
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Log in | Register
Why Do I Have to Log In Again?
CLOSE
We've made some updates to washingtonpost.com's Groups, MyPost and comment pages. We need you to verify your MyPost ID by logging in before you can post to the new pages. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Discussion Policy
Your browser's settings may be preventing you from commenting on and viewing comments about this item. See instructions for fixing the problem.
Discussion Policy
CLOSE
Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.
By Paul Farhi
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, February 15, 2011; 8:37 PM

Lara Logan, CBS News' chief foreign correspondent, was beaten and sexually assaulted by a mob in Tahrir Square last week while covering the celebrations surrounding the fall of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo, CBS News said Tuesday.
This Story

CBS News reporter Lara Logan beaten, sexually assaulted during Cairo celebration

In a brief statement, the network said Logan is in an American hospital recovering from her injuries, the extent of which have not been disclosed.

Logan was covering the celebrations for "60 Minutes" when she and her colleagues, including a security force, were surrounded by more than 200 people, according to CBS' statement.

Logan was separated from her group and suffered what CBS said was "a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating." She was rescued by a group of women and 20 Egyptian soldiers, the network said.

She rejoined her colleagues at their hotel and returned to the United States the following day, Saturday.

CBS News said it was not commenting further.

Logan has reported from numerous foreign locales as a reporter, including Iraq and Afghanistan. The native of South Africa has regularly risked her life by following U.S. troops into combat.

Logan became a correspondent for "60 Minutes" in 2006 and was a contributor to the old "60 Minutes II" from 2002 to 2004. She also reports for "CBS Evening News" and appears on "The Early Show" and "Face the Nation."

She was the only American TV network reporter in Baghdad when the U.S. military invaded the city in 2003.

She was slightly injured in 2005 while riding in a military vehicle while reporting for "60 Minutes II" about a battle along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
ad_icon

She has also been a general assignment reporter for CBS Radio.

Previously, she was a correspondent for ITN and Fox/Sky network in Great Britain and an assignment editor for CBS News and ABC News in London. She was also a freelance correspondent for CNN in 1998 and 1999, and covered the U.S. Embassy bombings in Nairobi and Tanzania, the conflict in Northern Ireland and the war in Kosovo, among other stories.

Logan, 39, is the mother of two young children. Her husband is Joe Burkett, a defense contractor. They met in Baghdad while she was covering the war. Logan and Burkett own a home in Washington.

International reporters came under attack during the protests in Egypt last week by assailants apparently aligned with the Mubarak regime, but the assaults appeared to stop with Mubarak's departure from power Friday. Reports of violence against reporters died down when the celebrations began.

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Yeh, sounds like she got fucked up pretty bad, and that her security didn't plan well, escape routes and contingency plans and stuff
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Remember in the other thread where I said I hate all those fucks without Exception? Still do
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

If I was reporting somewhere over there, I would be my own security. I'd be wearing the ACME Lil' Bastard Explosive Vest, Western Jihad edition.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
shmike
Follower

Why don't they refer to her as African-American?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Why don't they refer to her as African-American?
Hilarious and true at the same time
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I really hate what happened to her but when these reporters want to get right in the action on the front line when crazy chit is going on...well stuff like this as well as getting injured or even killed is to be expected.

Being a decent looking blonde makes a sexual assault more likely.

I hope she can fully recover. I wouldn't want my wife...girlfriend or any female family member over there reporting.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I really hate what happened to her but when these reporters want to get right in the action on the front line when crazy chit is going on...well stuff like this as well as getting injured or even killed is to be expected.

I hope she can fully recover. I wouldn't want my wife...girlfriend or any female family member over there reporting.
given their disregard as a whole for women along with her being attractive I am sure it was a nice prize for some of these lowlifes.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

If she gets pregnant will she be a mummy?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post

Yup. She's very lucky to be alive..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote