Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n
Default Rider cut in the neck by kite string

Top story from Sunday. Link on the right, if it's no longer the current story.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/

"Kite fighting" is pretty popular, in some parts of the world, and it involves cutting down your opponent's kite with abrasive string. Some of the string actually has glass embedded in it. No word if that's the sort involved in this incident though.

The victim is a member of a the local forum, though a very rare poster.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

lol
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I'd be pissed

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
lol
Not so lol. He says that he's got (didn't say how many) stitches and 14 staples in his neck. Lost a fair bit of blood, while waiting for help.

*EDIT* Newspaper story on the incident: http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...an-s-neck?bn=1

Sorry, should probably be in News.

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 08-30-2011 at 08:21 AM..
Old 08-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Hell I got clotheslined with a wire, I can laugh at a fellow rider who took one to the neck.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

While trail riding? Missed that there was a fence in front of you?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

neck laceration/injuries suck. So much important stuff under there you dont want to hit/get cut.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
While trail riding? Missed that there was a fence in front of you?
No, before I moved in my house. I lived in an apartment complex. Behind the complex was a church that was built to resemble a southern plantation. Behind their property there was a huge wooded area owned by a local land baron lawyer who the church bought their property from. Their was a subdivision behind the woods and several people in that subdivision built some pretty awesome trails through the woods to play on. I had heard them back there all the time and when I got the fiddy, I started taking a road that runs next to the church back to the woods and playing back there too.

The church probably has some sort of video or just really nosy people because they started erecting construction signs on the road to try and keep people like me from using the road. It's not their road, but the road ends just past the church and there is nothing back there. Apparently one of the people in the church decided it was time to stop me, so they strung up a wire across the entrance to the trails at the end of the road. It was not visible until you got close up. Luckily that day I was wearing my lid, I did not always do that with the fiddy. I came through at about 15-20 mph and took the wire right below the neck. I had a long burn/abrasion/bruising completely across my body where I hit the wire. I had several stitches on the arms from where I hit the pavement. My lid was fucked up on the back from where my head hit the ground first and hard. I had a concussion. If I would of took the wire in the neck, it probably would of crushed my windpipe and I would of been dead.

Last edited by Trip; 08-30-2011 at 10:46 AM..
Old 08-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
No, before I moved in my house. I lived in an apartment complex. Behind the complex was a church that was built to resemble a southern plantation. Behind their property there was a huge wooded area owned by a local land baron lawyer who the church bought their property from. Their was a subdivision behind the woods and several people in that subdivision built some pretty awesome trails through the woods to play on. I had heard them back there all the time and when I got the fiddy, I started taking a road that runs next to the church back to the woods and playing back there too.

The church probably has some sort of video or just really nosy people because they started erecting construction signs on the road to try and keep people like me from using the road. It's not their road, but the road ends just past the church and there is nothing back there. Apparently one of the people in the church decided it was time to stop me, so they strung up a wire across the entrance to the trails at the end of the road. It was not visible until you got close up. Luckily that day I was wearing my lid, I did not always do that with the fiddy. I came through at about 15-20 mph and took the wire right below the neck. I had a long burn/abrasion/bruising completely across my body where I hit the wire. I had several stitches on the arms from where I hit the pavement. My lid was fucked up on the back from where my head hit the ground first and hard. I had a concussion. If I would of took the wire in the neck, it probably would of crushed my windpipe and I would of been dead.
I would be sure to return the favor to said neighbors

Last edited by Trip; 08-30-2011 at 10:47 AM..
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Here is one of the pics from after it happened, most of them have gone away on imageshack. I had already been to the hospital by this point.

You can kinda see where my upper arm was fuck in the left lower corner too. My other arm just had a red line, it wasn't as bad.