udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT
Default This will p1ss Kaneman off...

Baggage handler fired after refusing to load emaciated and abused dog on flight

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 3:24 PM on 5th December 2011

Comments (33)

A Reno-area woman says she was fired as a baggage handler at Reno-Tahoe International Airport last month after she refused to load an emaciated hunting dog on a plane.

Lynn Jones of Lockwood said her supervisor told her to load the dog lying in a pet carrier because the animal's paperwork was in order and its condition wasn't her concern.

But Jones, an employee of contractor Airport Terminal Services at the time, told the Reno Gazette-Journal that she couldn't put the dog on the plane for shipment to Texas because its paws were bloody and its body was covered with sores.

She said: 'Everybody who saw it, the TSA people, the airport police officers, the girls at the ticket counter, was concerned.

'The dog was so weak and torn up. It didn't look like it could survive the flight. I was crying. I kept saying that dog could not be put on a plane.'

She said airport police phoned Washoe County Regional Animal Services, which took custody of the dog.

The animal is owned by a hunter who has it shipped to places he hunts, according to authorities. It was taken back to Texas after being nursed back to health.

'Everybody who saw it, the TSA people, the airport police officers, the girls at the ticket counter, was concerned. The dog was so weak and torn up. It didn't look like it could survive the flight. I was crying. I kept saying that dog could not be put on a plane'

Jones said she was fired on the spot on November 15, adding: '[My supervisor] kept yelling, "That's it, you're done, you are out of here, go home".'

Officials at St Louis-based Airport Terminal Services, didn't return phone calls.

Krys Bart, CEO of the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority, said she was proud of how airport police intervened. "In all my years here, this is the first time I'm thoroughly disgusted over what I understand to be the situation this animal was put in.

'They (officers) had an affirmative responsibility to deal with this, and that's what they did.'

Ms Bart said she was out of town when the incident occurred, but determined later that the dog had been abused prior to arriving at the airport.

County animal services officials declined to comment on the incident, citing a new state law that keeps details of animal abuse cases secret.

Jones said her job loss has been a hardship, but she has no regrets. She held the job for more than five years.

She said: 'I just couldn't turn my back on that dog. My supervisor said it wasn't my concern, but animal abuse is everyone's concern who sees it.'
Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

so did the dog get loaded? (I assume it was) and did it survive the flight?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

The type of person that can abuse and animals are the type of people that should be burned alive IMO. If you don't want to deal with your dog, shoot it in the head and put it out of it's misery quick. You don't starve and torture it....what kind of sicko can do that shit to something so defenseless....fucking POS..
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Zero tolerance bullshit... Take away people's ability to do the right thing and make the right decisions... you'll end up with the do nothing, blame everyone else, and be a fucking drone society... Kudos to this woman for standing up for what's right.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

She should get a medal for not being a coward and doing the right thing.

Every man and woman is responsible for doing the right thing, whether they're at work or at home or in public or whatever. "Just doing your job" is never a fucking excuse.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
The type of person that can abuse and animals are the type of people that should be burned alive IMO. If you don't want to deal with your dog, shoot it in the head and put it out of it's misery quick. You don't starve and torture it....what kind of sicko can do that shit to something so defenseless....fucking POS..
Seeing a lot of mistreated hunting dogs in this area, I will try to give you the mindset of the hunter. Most of them take care of their dogs, but a good number of them don't... Hunting dogs are not pets, they are tools for hunting. They are not viewed by their owners as "family members" as most pet owners seem to do. Kinda like Cows, you are raising them for slaughter and personal attachment is not really something they do with them. You know the big things we kill and eat.

Some people care that they left their 10mm wrench outside while working on the bike, some people don't. That's kinda how it is with these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 12-05-2011 at 05:36 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

I bet their guns are spotless.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I bet their guns are spotless.
For these people who have the money to fly to hunt, I bet you are right.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
so did the dog get loaded? (I assume it was) and did it survive the flight?
No. Reread the article. Airport cops called animal control, which to me, makes the decision to fire the woman suspect at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Seeing a lot of mistreated hunting dogs in this area, I will try to give you the mindset of the hunter. Most of them take care of their dogs, but a good number of them don't... Hunting dogs are not pets, they are tools for hunting. They are not viewed by their owners as "family members" as most pet owners seem to do.
Yeah...

I've got an abandoned hunting dog in my basement as we speak. Some dickless inbred fucktard dumped him on our road last week. Fourth one in the last three years. We're trying to find a home for him, but so far, no luck.

Which reminds me, anybody want an 8 month old hound dog?

JC
Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

There are always a bunch in rough shape wandering around the gap after bear season.
Quote: