Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets
Default Dang Phones

I'm switching to Verizon. Just after travelling as much as I do, they have the best nationwide coverage [even in the most ridiculous of places] and I am willing to pay their higher rates.

The question right now, stay with Droid or go iPhone.

I don’t own anything MAC, and have never used iAnything. I have windows and ubuntu machines. And, I use a Toshiba Thrive tablet. My email addresses are Google hosted and I live by my Google calendar.

Will an iPhone play nice with them?

I’m just really tired of choosing a Droid [I’ve had 3] and they don’t have cases or other accessories available. I use my phone for everything – even running my business with Quickbooks apps, etc. And, I’m sure my new business partners would love me to be able to use Facetime.

Thoughts?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I'm switching to Verizon. Just after travelling as much as I do, they have the best nationwide coverage [even in the most ridiculous of places] and I am willing to pay their higher rates.

I don’t own anything MAC, and have never used iAnything. I have windows and ubuntu machines. And, I use a Toshiba Thrive tablet. My email addresses are Google hosted and I live by my Google calendar.

I’m just really tired of choosing a Droid [I’ve had 3] and they don’t have cases or other accessories available. I use my phone for everything – even running my business with Quickbooks apps, etc. And, I’m sure my new business partners would love me to be able to use Facetime.

Thoughts?
Regular Iphone4 works great. Works fine using itunes and windows and you can skip itunes all together nowadays and do everything using icloud.
Battery life is excellent. iPhone4s is faster but a little worse when it comes to battery life.

gmail and google calendar work fine.

Solid product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

Thoughts?
Don't know any of those answers, but I'd wait until the 4G iPhone comes out... Verizon's data is RIDICULOUSLY fast...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

There are plenty of google apps on the iphone so I think they may play friendly.

I was on the anti-i whatever. I have my iphone 4S and love it. Wife's getting one at the end of the month.

I still won't buy a macbook because they just cost to much.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I've got verizon, and thinking of switching to the iPhone next... though I won't be due till next year. hopefully the 4G will be available, as OSP says... the speed is insane
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I agree with OSP. If you can hold off, wait for the next iPhone and hope that it comes with LTE.

I run 3 gmail addresses through my iPhone without problems. It syncs up fine with my Windows machine, but I gave up trying to futz it to work with my Fedora box. One of the rather nice benefits of switching from my old Droid X to the iPhone is not really having to worry about a new phone coming out in 3 months that makes my current one obsolete. I don't have to wonder if my phone is getting the next version of the OS, or how long of a delay from Google's release to actual carrier release I'll have to wait. Wasn't expecting that, but it's a nice benefit. Also, Magpul cases are $9, and are among the best cases I've had for any phone.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I don't know if they will do LTE. LTE eats battery... and it's bulky in size. So who really knows with Apple.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Don't know any of those answers, but I'd wait until the 4G iPhone comes out... Verizon's data is RIDICULOUSLY fast...
This. Whatever phone you get for Verizon, make sure you have LTE. Right now only Android phones have it. The iPad 3 was just released with LTE capability so Id expect the next iPhone to have it.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I have the Droid Razr Maxx 4G LTE on Verizon....I seldom turn my PC on except to game anymore....it's just as fast/convenient to surf on my mobile. Battery life isn't an issue with the Razr Maxx....I can usually make it 2 full days without needing a charge.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Since youre a new comer, your gonna have to choose a data limit. So make sure you know how much data you use now.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote