http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Jeez. Been a while since I saw that much partisan spin. Detroit has largely suffered from one thing; lack of industrial diversification. It rose and fell with the auto industry.

To paint it as a 'liberal' issue is to ignore some basic truths. During fat times it isn't an issue to provide a wide range of social programmes. Your income will support them. When the income falls, in this case due to a failing auto industry (back to the Energy Crisis which this pundit is too young to remember, and yet feels competent to comment upon), those programmes become too expensive to maintain.

However, the State and Federal governments permitted the auto sector to under-fund their retirement plans, by legislation. The same thing happened up here. Rather than scale back to reasonable levels the auto manufacturers were able to maintain their profitability, while increasing compensation and benefits, effectively robbing the future to do so.

Then we have that mythical and much debunked $74.00 an hour auto worker. That assumes the highest paid category, with all benefits and maximum pension levels, including the under-funding of the pension plans that was permitted by government. Then that number is compared to another mythical species; the foreign auto worker. Those workers are not dealing with an under-funded pension system and almost uniformly have Federally mandated universal health care. I wonder what formula this genius used to figure in THAT cost to the public? Oh, wait. He didn't.

And calling public education an 'entitlement programme'?! Moron, please! Public education is something that if you don't provide, you just create a class that is a drain on the public purse anyway. An educated populace increases your national profitability. The issues in Detroit are more about culture and societal collapse, than they are about the cost/benefits ratio of education. I wonder how many students aren't graduating from high school because they're in prison, for possession of weed?

Yes, people kept spending long after the money stopped coming in, but it's one hell of a lot more of a complex issue that jackasses like this child try to make it out to be.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

And yet, you pick snippets out of the program (just like the left always do). He doesn't say education is an entitlement program-just that the teachers union has made the Detroit program worthless by blocking any improvement based on teacher evaluation.
Face it- The EPA kills more manufacturing growth than any union. To revive any of those buildings would cost more than building a new site elsewhere because of stringent EPA concerns. That's why they are abandoned.
The reason a country like Canada can get away with a Federally funded health care program is basically, you don't have many people and you have a surplus of resources to sell.
Liberals always paint Conservatives with a broad brush. We are as compassionate as Liberals-probably more so as the majority of Conservatives go to church and give out of their pockets for causes.
Liberals want to reach in your pocket and give to their choice of causes.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
And yet, you pick snippets out of the program (just like the left always do). He doesn't say education is an entitlement program-just that the teachers union has made the Detroit program worthless by blocking any improvement based on teacher evaluation.
Face it- The EPA kills more manufacturing growth than any union. To revive any of those buildings would cost more than building a new site elsewhere because of stringent EPA concerns. That's why they are abandoned.
The reason a country like Canada can get away with a Federally funded health care program is basically, you don't have many people and you have a surplus of resources to sell.
Liberals always paint Conservatives with a broad brush. We are as compassionate as Liberals-probably more so as the majority of Conservatives go to church and give out of their pockets for causes.
Liberals want to reach in your pocket and give to their choice of causes.
First of all, you're mis-labeling me as a liberal. Secondly, tell me that he doesn't refer to education as an entitlement programme.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
First of all, you're mis-labeling me as a liberal. Secondly, tell me that he doesn't refer to education as an entitlement programme.
He totally doesn't. I clearly heard "entitlement program."

Actually, I didn't watch it. Just wanted to jump at the chance to insult your Canadian honour...

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
He totally doesn't. I clearly heard "entitlement program."

Actually, I didn't watch it. Just wanted to jump at the chance to insult your Canadian honour...
(...by spelling 'honour' correctly?)