Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-31-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default Step one...

Hi, my name is OSP and I am an alcoholic.

I spent nearly $200 at the bar last night... bought shots for a couple girls who I was hanging with, but the rest was mine. I woke up fully clothed, shoes still on, right on my tile floor. Apprently I had the wherewithall to grab a roll of paper towels (new, with the plastic still on) to use as a pillow. The last thing I remember was being physically removed from a pizza joint cause I called some girl a retarded cunt... My buddy says I had a great time though.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

youre not an alchoholic until you STOP having a good time.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
youre not an alchoholic until you STOP having a good time.
I like it... I'm making t-shirts.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I like it... I'm making t-shirts.
lol.

dibs on one for coining the phrase.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
t-homo
WSB Champion

Damn man. Sounds like a blast. Last night I didn't drink, but the night before was bad. A group of 4 of us guys who are best friends are hanging out at a couple of girls house drinking before we go to a big party. Me and my friend have 2/3 of a handle of whiskey left over from the night before. (BTW, I am normally a beer drinker. It gives you a warning before you are fucked.) Well we are gettin ready to go to the big party and my friend and I don't feel shit yet after like 6 whiskey and cokes, so shots here we come. Don't really know how many shots we had, but the handle got finished. I remember getting into the car mostly sober, then blacked out sometime before we got to the party.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ehh... your not an alchololic... your a drunk... alchololics go to class.

this is why I stopped drinking in Korea... go out and spend $150 and maybe 10-20 of that was buying drinks for other people... fuck that...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

WOW!!! I've never been a drinker and haven't drunk any alcohol for many,many years so I've never understood the attraction of getting that fucked up. That being said,I think that as long as you're paying your bills and taking care of your responsibilities,you are ok. I will say one thing tho',you've often said that you can't afford/justify such and such bike. I bet you could get two with the money you spend on alcohol a month.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
t-homo
WSB Champion

I only drink at home/friend's houses. Therefore I get the same amount of alcohol for 15 bucks instead of 150.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #9
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

I also was told I had a good time last night. Fukkin Jimmy Buffett and his concert. I violated the first rule of drunkdome. Mixed beer/liquor and wine.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
That being said,I think that as long as you're paying your bills and taking care of your responsibilities,you are ok. I will say one thing tho',you've often said that you can't afford/justify such and such bike. I bet you could get two with the money you spend on alcohol a month.

I must disagree with the first half of that statement. My mom truly is an alcoholic. She pays her bills and takes care of her responsibilities. She's not ok. She has started having serious medical issues due to the constant drinking. She drinks every night as soon as she gets home from work and drinks till she passes out. She gets up and goes to work in the morning, usually after puking a few times. She does fine at work and doesn't drink anything during the day, but the instant she walks in the door, she pours a drink.

We've all tried to talk to her and get her to stop, but she hasn't. Oh, she's tried a couple times, but then would think she could have one drink. She can't. We think she may have just gotten the wake up call she needed, as her doctor says she has an issue with her pancreas. She will be going into detox soon and we all hope she will be ok if she stops drinking. It's too early to tell.

As for the second half of your statement, I would agree. I don't even want to know how much my mom spends on alcohol, but she goes through nearly a pint of gin a night and I know that can't be cheap. She's always bitching about not having enough money. I hope that not drinking will help her both physically and financially.

I'm just glad I don't have the bug.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote