Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default when does it become your business?

ok APOC made a comment in the license thread about it being no one's business if someone had ins.
the fact is I agree 100% with that. Why do people feel the need to know everything about other people's lives and ensure that they are living up to "their" standards?
we have a home cleaning business that my girl runs. A guy here at work is constantly asking me when we file our taxes, what we claim as expenses, how we claim the vehicles and other stuff. he just wants to make sure no one gets over on the system if he can't. I pretty much got him to shut up about it when I told him to check the web like he does on all of his neighbors. Apparently he knows a site where you can look up people's income and tax level and what not.
why do people feel the need to "check up" on others? Maybe they can't afford to have everything just right. maybe they're trying to get ahead, maybe they feel it's worth the risk. If it doesn't affect you directly why worry about it?
as far as insurance. Does anyone here really think your rates would go down if everyone had insurance? actually your rates would probably go up. it would mean more payouts by the companies. The payouts far outweigh the rates of a few slackers who currently don't have ins.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I think alot of the issue today is that people are so OPEN with their business, and they share so much, its hard not to know what others are doing. The dude you spoke of is RUDE however, good heavens, who ASKS things like that?!

And opinions are like assholes, we all have one about ourselves and everyone else, as much as we'd like not to...as for on the board, I think most of us are bored at work and when asked have no problem giving input...its something to do at least...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

last I looked uninsured motorist was the biggest expense on my insurance bill.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I would want to know if my neighbor didn't have insurance so that I can avoid him at all costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

As a motorist it is my responsablity to know. Having insurance is part of being responsible driver. Ya it sucks paying for it but your an idiot if u dont have it and your a bigger idiot if u dont have home insurance.

I work my ass off to buy my things and maintain them. I'll be damned if some idiot wrecks my stuff and is too much off a fucking idiot to not pay for insurance. Also because of lazy ass idiots i have to pay more to protect myself because of these lazy ass idiots.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

As luck would have it I live in one of the few states where auto insurance is not mandatory ( seat belts aren't either) It very quickly becomes my business when they hit something of mine. The law is some case allows my to attach their property , but I dint need a 15 year old Cavalier or the furnishings in their rented trailer. With most of it belonging to renta center anyway
Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

It's called having a social conscience and not just looking out for yourself but rather thinking about yourself AND other people.

Some people like to know everything about everyone else. It's in their nature.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
wildchild
cruiser

quick note to add. Of course it becomes your business when they hit you without insurance or damage your possession in some way through their lifes choices.

I'm just talking about in general, no direct influence on you, why do you need to know.

probably all of us on here would agree it's stupid not to have ins on everything you own. hell I pay full coverage rates on a truck that hardly ever leaves my driveway.
i know people who don't have ins. no way in hell am I going to try and pressure them into getting it or publicly announce to other people they don't have it. I know people who don't have a drivers license to, but I'm not calling the law on them. it's their choice. yes it's illegal, but it doesn't affect me. why call?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I think alot of the issue today is that people are so OPEN with their business, and they share so much, its hard not to know what others are doing. The dude you spoke of is RUDE however, good heavens, who ASKS things like that?!

And opinions are like assholes, we all have one about ourselves and everyone else, as much as we'd like not to...as for on the board, I think most of us are bored at work and when asked have no problem giving input...its something to do at least...
that is all so true.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

I think issues like vehicle insurance should be public information.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote